Wednesday 3 July 2013

Sticker books, airplanes and little ones


It's that time of year again and we're getting ready for an annual trip to see friends and family back home in North Carolina.  It's a 9 hour flight from London so I tend to give my carry on bag more thought than any other packing duties. As I've mentioned in previous posts, flying with a three year old is pretty much about getting through it and a lot of my normal guidelines go out the window. I rely heavily on movies and apps and our narrative picture books are traded for sticker books. By the end of the flight we generally end up with E, the window shade, the tray table and me covered in stickers (and very few in the book). It's harmless, it's quiet and it passes the time.

For this trip my local news agent had a deal on sticker books and I picked up 3 for our flight:


My Swashbuckling Pirate is just one of the many titles available from Bloomsbury. In addition to the 100+ stickers, there are pages to colour and pirate paraphernalia galore to search for on each page.


Usborne are well known for activity books and they also publish specific books about first experiences such as riding on a plane or going to the airport. E never seems to tire of identifying things around the airport that he finds in the books.

There are lots of these sticker books on the market but I especially like this trio because of the detail on each page. Once E has finished decorating our seats with stickers the books still serve a purpose in stimulating our conversation about three of his favourite subjects.  I'll let you know how we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment